Software / Graphics & Design →Altair Compose 2019.2 Build 4609 (x64)
The Altair product team is pleased to announce the availability of Compose 2019.2 Build 4609. This release includes a variety of bug fixes and technical improvements as well as new features and enhancements.
What's new and changed in Compose 2019.2.
Note: * Indicates Professional Edition of Compose
New Features: HyperWorks Integration *
H3D Writer *
New OML commands are added to export data into the Altair H3D format.
ABF Writer *
New OML commands are added to export data into the Altair Binary Format (ABF).
Python Bridge in Registered OML Functions *
OML functions registered with HyperWorks Desktop products can leverage the OML-Python bridge.
New Features: Math and Scripting
OML Language Extensions
Support for multi-dimensional cells is added to the OpenMatrix language.
New OML Commands
The following functions are added to the OpenMatrix language: xlsinfo, genpath, time, ctime, fftshift, num2cell,sortrows, xlsopen, xlsclose, getpid, randperm, firls, barthannwin, and nyquist.
Enhancements - User Experience
The Run Selection feature is now enabled in debug mode.
Python Script Interruption
Python scripts running in Compose, from the Editor, can now be interrupted (stop button).
Added an option (set in the Preferences dialog) to continue or stop the script execution when the debugger stops.
Files opened in the previous session are restored when the application starts (Preference settings).
Enhancements - Commands and Scripting
The performance of the ODE45 command has been improved.
New option with asynchronous call (for non-blocking calls to other applications).
OML now accepts comments in multi-line commands.
* xlswrite issue for cell writing
* Application crashes when entering a line break in the editor
* accumarray(1,1) produces an incorrect result
* Application crashes when displaying the uicontrol window and closes immediately
* Using 'end' as an index to an empty cell causes a crash
* When you dock a Description window, hide it, and close all, the application crashes
* fopen creates a file with no permissions
* sscanf string parsing issue
* Compose should automatically unlock the XLS file when Compose is closed
* Text is wrapped, but the dialog window does not resize
* Calling a class member function doesn't work in the function scope
* filtfilt for bandpass gives a warning for filter_order> 4
* tf not working properly for a discrete domain
* Crash with logical indexing
* continue is not working correctly when it is outside a for loop
* Function scoping not respected in a recursive subfunction
* Crash with cell indexing
* mkdir not creating a directory when an absolute path is given
* sscanf issue with %s
* Error with the max function
* Issue when removing the cell array element
* Issue with matrix multiplication and incompatible dimensions
* Start button in the user interface is enabled even before the function execution ends
* fileparts is incorrect when used on the root folder on the Linux platform
* disp command doesn't work in a script containing an error, when the script is called by run
* Computation time for conv2 scales poorly
* Performance issue when saving a file
* Error message is misleading when if condition and statement is not in one line
* xlsfinfo should show named ranges in the sheet
* Missing argument in a function call causes a left shift of the remaining arguments
* Mark All functionality in the Find And Replace dialog doesn't work when Search Up is selected
* ignorecase option not used in regexp
* clearglobal not working inside callback function of uicontrol
* Case sensitive paths on Windows when zipping files
* Syntax highlighting for a commented block doesn't work if it contains a line comment
* Invoking applications makes Compose (OML) lock/not respond (system command)
* Issue with sscanf when using .txt files
* fullfile argument issue (cell arrray not supported)
* isempty doesn't work with function handle input
* textscan argument n seems to be ignored
* Issues with function ls (errors are not displayed)
* Highlight issue in the script Editor on the Linux platform
* Cell issue with multiple output argument assignment
* Single-line for loop issue
* Error when 'end' is written in the comment
* Issue in expanding string
* Nested function issue in OML command window
* Issue with cellfunc when the input cell is empty
* Cell selection by logical-matrix does not work
* Memory issue in de2bin
* isrow doesn't support cell and struct
* Error when you right-click on an image in the Python command window
* Issue with intersect function
* MIMO transfer functions are not packaged correctly
* Pagination issue with structs
* Issue when initializing a string matrix with ':'
* system command issue on Linux platform
* bode() with single argument not working for some examples
* Cell array slicing issue
* Empty cell array in readvector*
* Empty multi-dimensional matrix does not always display dimensions
* Incorrect size for find executed on an empty matrix
* Cannot assign the result of tic toc command to a struct
* format() returns different results on Windows and Linux platforms
* OMLBridgeServer should be terminated after closing HyperMesh *
* Using logical index in a matrix should not return a row vector
* type() returns an extra line (with filename) if using relative filepath as the input argument
* Anonymous function issue
* rmdir() should not raise an error when applied to a non-existing folder on Linux
* Nothing is displayed in the file browser when the path contains non-ASCII characters
* conv2() is slow
* ttest() error message needs to update
* normrnd() error message needs to be improved
* nargout issue for functions called from user functions
About Altair Compose. Altair Compose (formerly solidThinking Compose) provides engineers, scientists, and product creators with a high level, matrix-based language as well as an interactive & unified programming environment for all types of math operations.
Whether you're looking to solve matrix analysis, differential equations, perform signal analysis or robustly study control design, Compose not only offers its users a modern, comprehensive set of tools to enable rapid development, but also offers a powerful engine and an interactive debugging environment for streamlined troubleshooting.
Compose provides a best-in-class, modern user experience including:
- High-level matrix-based interpreted language for numerical computing
- Integrated development environment for authoring and debugging all types of math, including multi-language support
- Algorithm development
- Language compatible with industry standards
- Built-in connectivity to pre/post-process Engineering and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) data
- Extensive math libraries:
. Statistical data analysis & visualization
. Matrix analysis & number theory
. Signal processing
. Interactive 2D & 3D Descriptionting
. Differential equations
- Interactive command line interface
- Batch oriented language
Other products in Altair's Model-Based Development offering include Altair Activate and Altair Embed.
Model Based Development with solidThinking Compose, Activate and Embed
About Altair. Founded in 1985, Altair is focused on the development and application of simulation technology to synthesize and optimize designs, processes and decisions for improved business performance. Privately held with more than 2,600 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA with more than 45 offices throughout 20 countries, and serves more than 5,000 corporate clients across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair Compose
Version: 2019.2 Build 4609
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Size: 682.3 mb
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
64 bits only
OpenGL graphics card with at least 256 MB of onboard memory.
Integrated Intel graphics hardware is currently not supported.
4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended).
10 GB or more of free hard disk space.
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.