Software / Graphics & Design →Altair Activate 2019.2 build 5553 (x64)
The Altair product team is pleased to announce the availability of Activate 2019.2 (Build 5553). This release includes a variety of bug fixes and technical improvements as well as new features and enhancements.
Altair Activate 2019.2 Release Notes:
Note: * Indicates Professional Edition of Activate.
HyperSpice Library Support*
A complete library of Spice components is included with the software installation to complement the Spice Custom block thatwas introduced with Activate 2019. The new library is fully Spice-compliant and leverages the power of the HyperSpice solver forcreating high-fidelity electronic circuit models.
Modelica Library: Hydraulics (By Fluidon)*
Modeling hydraulics systems is now possible with the addition of a Modelica library developed by Fluidon. The library enablesone-dimensional simulation of fluid-power systems and is based on the lumped parameter approach. The library includes varioushydraulic components and predefined hydraulic fluids.
In addition to the existing C, OML, and Modelica custom blocks, a new Python block is available in the Activate block library. Theblock lets you define simulation functions using Python scripting and leverages Python 3.5.2, which is included with the Activateinstallation.
This new block is an extension from the FromCSV block. The FromCSVwithnoheaders block can read CSV files with or withoutcolumn headers.
Handling of Different Domains
Activate has been enhanced to support blocks from various user-defined worlds (domains) in regards to the engine (processingnew blocks in the Activate compiler and registration of the domain-specific compiler) and in the user interface (handling theinterface blocks provided by the different domains).
The Curve Editor introduced previously in the SignalGenerator block is now available in the FromCSV block and is extended toallow for the interactive selection of channels in the CSV file.
The IncludeDiagram block is improved to allow self-referencing of a diagram within a current model.
Export Models to Scripts
A command to export an Activate model (.scm file) into a Compose OML script has been added.
The co-simulation between Activate and Flux, and between Activate and HyperSpice, has been improved to handle time stepsbetween the different solvers.
Context and Editors
The online help for OML functions can be accessed directly from the Diagram Context, the Model Initialization, and the OMLEditor.
A context menu item is added to start a link from an existing link. This is available for explicit, implicit, activation, and bus links.
Interfacing Blocks with Modelica
New blocks to interface between Activate Signal blocks and Modelica blocks have been added to support vector data (both realand complex).
Append Mode for ToText and ToCSV Blocks
An option to append parameters has been added to the ToCSV and ToTextFile blocks.
Matrix Expression Block
The MatrixExpression block supports customized input names.
The Activate 2019.1 online help is now available in Japanese.
* Application crashes when closing a model during optimization.
* Incorrect port label shown when ConditionalNSelect block has only 2 inputs.
* CompareToConstant block not activated correctly.
* Mask Editor does not update parameter name.
* If a model contains HyperSpice library blocks that include a special character such as a dash (-), it's not possible to generatethe netlist and run the simulation.*
* Resize cursor should not persist after moving a point in the Curve Editor.
* Spice model error: Invalid escape sequence: '\U'*
* GUI operation during running a script results in a crash.
* Curve Editor undo-redo does not restore correct variable name.
* Message ("Could not create the DLL loading mechanism(C-API) for ME") caused by a path issue with the MapleSim compiler.
* The OK button on the Model Report tool is not enabled.
* Issues in Modelica interface block creation: color of splits is incorrect in some cases.
* Crash in Integral block.
* Import of Modelica component fails.
* Compilation issue with high-depth conditional statements.
* ToCSV block: time dependency is incorrect.
* Drag and drop a file with extension different from .oml to OML Editor.
* Using Continue in the Diagram or Model Context causes issues.
* Matrix Expression block does not handle string arguments of OML functions.
* A block with no parameter doesn't execute the parameters' pre-callback.
* Quality Issue of images in the Palette Browser.
* Memory leak from simulation engine structure (when handling discard messages).
* Initialization of discrete variable with "if" statement is not possible in the Maple compiler.
* Adding a port in block builder modifies the other ports.
* Generate .dll issue in C Custom block for the default skeleton code.
* If no block parameter is changed, the Block Diagram Editor should not flag the model as edited.
* Area-selection of blocks in a diagram should not stack a block on top of another.
* FMU export doesn't work for Trapezoid block.** Parameter tabs and widgets in the .scb must overwrite the ones in the model.
* Setting the alpha value of the port's background color does not work for input ports.
* OML command window issue: recall previous command only recalls one line.
* MRF output file name parameter of MotionSolve block cannot be empty.*
* Ctrl-F shortcut does not work in floating windows.
* Property Editor doesn't show the Descriptions property after running a simulation and when you click the Scope window the firsttime.
* Issue with Modelica block BooleanExpression (wrong handling of the Boolean parameter).
* Parameter dialog issue in Modelica library ComplexBlocks (wrong widget).
* ESC key should not close a diagram in a floating window.
About Altair Activate. Activate is an open & flexible tool for rapidly modeling and simulating products as multi-disciplinary systems in the form of 1D models (expressed as signal-based or physical block diagrams), optionally coupled to 3D models.
Altair Activate enables product creators, system simulation and control engineers to model, simulate and optimize multi-disciplinary systems. By leveraging model based development, ensure that all design requirements are successfully met while also identifying system level problems early in the design process.
Activate provides the best-in-class, modern user experience including:
- Model based development of hybrid systems
- Hierarchical, parameterized multi-disciplinary modeling environment
- Ability to mix signal-based and physical (Modelica) components in the same diagram
- Easily extensible, built-in block libraries including library management
- Model exchange or co-simulation through the Functional Mock-Up interface
- State-of-the-art co-simulation with multi-body dynamics
- Ease of compiling models into executable code
Other products in Altair's Model-Based Development offering include Altair Compose and Altair Embed.
Model Based Development with solidThinking Compose, Activate and Embed
About Altair. Founded in 1985, Altair is focused on the development and application of simulation technology to synthesize and optimize designs, processes and decisions for improved business performance. Privately held with more than 2,600 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA with more than 45 offices throughout 20 countries, and serves more than 5,000 corporate clients across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair Activate
Version: 2019.2 Build 5553
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Size: 855.0 mb
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
64 bits only
OpenGL graphics card with at least 256 MB of onboard memory.
Integrated Intel graphics hardware is currently not supported.
4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended).
10 GB or more of free hard disk space.
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.